THE INDEPENDENT GUARD AND PRIVACY CONSULTANT
Privacy Officer- AVG Consultancy
The privacy law stipulates that in a number of cases a Privacy Officer, also referred to as a Data Protection Officer (DPO), is mandatory:
- Government organization;
- Processes that, due to their nature, size and / or purposes, require regular and systematic large-scale observation of data subjects;
- is mainly responsible for large-scale processing of special categories of data pursuant to Article 9 and of personal data with regard to criminal convictions and offenses as referred to in Article 10.
In addition to obligation, it is often advisable to have a Privacy Officer
De Privacy Officer volgens de artikelen 37,38,39 van de Avg
The Privacy Officer in accordance with articles 37.38.39 of the AVG
- This officer ì(also called Data Protection Officer or Functionaris Gegevensbescherming) does not have to be employed. He/she may be hired.
- The Officer must be an expert in data protection law and practice and must have the capacity to perform the duties referred to in Article 39
- To be independent. Not receive instructions for the execution of his duties and resources.
- Accountability to senior manager
- Contact person with supervisor: the Dutch Data Protection Authority (AP) or other supervisor of member state of the EU.
- Gateway for the person (s) involved
- Point out obligations
- Supervise obligations
Triple-B Consultancy has certified staff in the field of privacy (CIPP / E) and can support you (AVG Consultancy) in this often complex matter.
CIPP / E is an IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) quality mark.